Sunday, April 4, 2010

I really just like to snack


It's has been awhile since my last entry, I have lots of reasons / excuses but...... whatever, right? On with the blog:
I had a hankering for Chex mix. It is something that I have not had in along time but I was craving something savory and snackable. I used this recipe. Now, with most of my hankerings they are spontaneous, so I didn't have all the ingredients that I needed. I improvised a little. I used Cascadian Farms Multi-grain square cereal, cashews, peanuts, almonds, pecans and sesame sticks (the sesame sticks turned out gummy, I would not use them again) and all the required spices.
I had to make my own worcestershire sauce since this is not something I have on hand regularly. I wasn't about to go to the store, which is twenty minutes away, just to pick some up. I basically had all the ingredients although I used wet mustard, fresh ginger and liquid aminos instead of soy sauce. Also, I added a tablespoon of peanut butter, just for fun. It turned out tasty although the apple cider vinegar was insanely dominant. Next time I will use less vinegar and use real soy sauce. End result....AWESOME. The ginger in the w-sauce really gave it nice kick in the back of the throat with out being spicy. Next time I will make more, I made half the recipe just in case it was a stinker.

No comments:

Post a Comment